Founded in 1907
Congratulations on joining the flagship Master's program - Financial Analytics in English. For several years of existence, the program has become one of the most sought in PRUE. Graduates of the program are specialists engaged in professional activities in the field of financial, investment and strategic decision making, business valuation, consulting services.
An essential aspect of the program is to ensure a high-quality and competitive educational process. The educational process involves leading PRUE teachers, practitioners with extensive experience in the real sector, experts and analysts of the financial market. The Faculty of Finance regularly invites foreign teachers from first-class international universities such as the University of Cambridge, University of Kent, University of Bath, Université de Paris, Laurea and others for lectures and seminars.
In 2017, a double diploma agreement was signed with the University of Perugia (Perugia, Italy), under which Russian and Italian students are allowed to study at a guest university for six months and, upon successful completion of the educational process and defense of a master's thesis, receive at once two diplomas of European universities.
In collaboration with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), we adapted several program disciplines to ACCA qualification preparation standards. This professional orientation of the program contributes to the formation of students' desire to build a career in finance and will provide an opportunity in the future to receive the prestigious ACCA qualification.
In the preparation of financial analysts, we paid particular attention to the formation of the following professional competencies and knowledge:
– understanding of the mechanisms of the financial market;
– expertise in the field of accounting and international financial reporting standards;
– possession of tools for determining and managing the value of the company;
– understanding of modern approaches to conducting international business, features of global financial management, basic principles of international commercial law;
– a comprehensive approach to the study of the investment object, the relationship between investment and financial decisions;
– understanding the relationship between corporate strategy and finance.
Let me wish you great success in acquiring new knowledge, pleasure and positive impressions from communicating with students, professors, staff and guests of Plekhanov University.
PhD in Economics,
Department of Financial Management