Founded in 1907
Academic Department of Criminal Law is a graduate Chair of Faculty of Law. The Department has been formed in 2013. For today, Academic Department of Criminal Law trains in "Jurisprudence", post-graduate course in 12.00.08 – Criminal Law and Criminology; Penal-law; 12.00.09 – Criminal Process; 12.00.12 – Criminology, Juridical-expert activity; Investigative activity.
Curriculums are developed according to the state educational standards. The teaching process is aims at training qualified lawyers who know how to analyze the constantly changing Russian legislation. Not only highly qualified University lecturers are involved in training specialists but also ones from the leading institutions of Moscow. Many teachers have extensive experience of teaching and, importantly, practical experience in the legal field.
The main aims and tasks of the Department are:
• Implementation of the educational process at the Department disciplines for full-time, part-time, correspondence forms of education in accordance with the state, University, Federal state educational standards and the approved working curricula and work plans of the Department;
• Conducting scientific research;
• Organization and participation in the development and implementation of programs of additional professional education.
• Training of personnel of higher qualification in the profile of the Department;
• Formation of students ' active citizenship, the ability to work and life in modern civilization and democracy.