Founded in 1907
The development of research and innovation is the most important factor of harmonization with educational activities at Kemerovo Institute (branch) of Plekhanov Russian University of Economics.
The Council of Young Scientists, the Public Council for Science and Innovation, the Youth Academy of Sciences, the students' scientific clubs are aimed at the systemic formation of individual research skills, intelligent and communicative skills as well as strengthening of any cooperation with scientific societies of other universities and institutions.
The scientific activity is carried out within 5 research areas:
1. New models of economic growth in Russia and its regions in the context of globalization.
2. Modern concepts and technologies in science and education.
3. Protection of personal rights and law protected interests.
4. Quality management and range of goods and services, product expertise.
5. Information technology and systems in the economy and education.