Founded in 1907
In accordance with the Federal Law of December 29, 2012 №273-FZ "On Education in the Russian Federation" the recognition of foreign education and (or) qualifications means the official confirmation of importance (level) acquired abroad education and (or) qualifications with granting academic, professional, and (or) other rights to the owners.
During the recognition procedure, the competent body in Russia investigates whether your foreign professional qualification corresponds to the Russian one.
The decision on recognition is taken by Federal Service for Supervision in the Sphere of Education and Science (Rosobrnadzor).
The recognition procedure is not required if:
1. Your educational certificate/diploma is subject to the International agreements on mutual recognition.
2. Your educational certificate/diploma has been issued by the educational institution, which is approved by the Russian Government and automatically recognized in the Russian Federation.
LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS
According to the legislation of the Russian Federation the documents issued in another country can be used (can be accepted by the Russian bodies and organizations) only with legalization.
The legalization is an implementation of a certain number of formal procedures in order to make the document legal in the territory of another country.
Legalization of a document is always carried out in the country in which this document was issued.
There are 2 types of legalizations:
- Consular legalization.
It is carried out in 2 stages:
1) witnessing of documents by competent authorities of foreign affairs (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) of the country of issue of the document;
2) witnessing of documents by consular services of the Russian Federation (consulate or embassy of the Russian Federation) in the country of issue of the document
- "Apostille" – a simplified legalization procedure.
This applies to member countries of the Hague convention of 1961
Please note that documents issued in member countries of the multilateral or bilateral agreements, which abolish the requirement of legalization of documents, are accepted without legalization.
The list of these countries you can find here.
Required documents FOR THE RECOGNITION PROCEDURE:
In accordance with the Tax Code of the Russian Federation for the issuance of the Certificate of Recognition shall be paid the state fee.
Please note that the translation of the document must be done after legalization, including all seals/stamps.
Notarization of documents can be made only by notaries of the Russian Federation or Russian consular services abroad. Exceptions are countries with which Russia has an agreement on legal assistance.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- PRUE International Office
Moscow, Stremyanny per, 36, building 3, room 649
Tel.: +7 (495) 958-28-34; +7 (499) 237-85-17
- Main State Center for Education Evaluation (Glavekspertcentre)
Moscow, Leninskiy prospect, 2A (floor 6A)
Tel.: +7 (495) 317-17-10; +7 (495) 665-00-15