Founded in 1907
is taking significant steps to advance sustainable energy within our
campus operations, including our work toward the goal to increase the
number of solar panels by twice 2020.
the address and other contacts on the page Environment and Sustainability and you can find
out how you can get involved together with our employees.
1. TURN OFF THE LIGHTS. Turn off lights if natural daylight is sufficient and when you leave at the end of the day.
2. FIND THE RIGHT BALANCE FOR BLINDS.
Make use of your blinds to let light in, but on the hottest days when
light is direct, and when you're out, close them to avoid heat build up.
3. KEEP CLIMATE UNDER CONTROL. Keep your temperature system on a moderate, energy-preferred setting (75 or higher in summer and 68 or lower in winter).
4. TURN OFF MONITORS AND APPLIANCES! Even if it's for a short time, it still saves more energy to turn it off.
5. UNPLUG IT! Electronics
can burn energy even when off! So unplug phone chargers, coffee makers
and radios when not in use. Power strips help you unplug all appliances
with a single switch.
6. WATCH YOUR WINDOWS. When the AC is on, keep windows closed. Report windows that don't shut properly.
7. TAKE THE STAIRS. Elevators consume electricity, but you don't! Use the stairs as often as possible.
8. OPEN DOORS BY HAND. Using the handicap access buttons wastes energy by keeping the doors open, and wears out the buttons for those who need them.
9. SWITCH TO CFL OR LED BULBS. If
you use a desk lamp, replace the bulbs with CFLs. They last 10 times
longer and use 75% less energy than standard incandescent light bulbs.
10. ENGAGE FOR ENERGY CONSERVATION. Remind a colleague, tell a friend! Get involved in our community commitment to sustainability.